Graduate Program (GP)
The one and only, an experience that is truly unique only to Wodonga Senior Secondary College, a program that will enable you to challenge your weaknesses and excel in your strengths.
We encourage you to have an impact on the community that you live in, to create a project that builds on your ability to gain employment, attend university, and apply for a scholarship or apprenticeship. This class gives you the skills, the knowledge and the drive to be successful.
Supported by your Graduate Program teacher who will be your go to, mentor, for the duration of your time at the college. They will provide support and guidance for your career, classes, aspirations and impact projects and dazzle you with individualised lessons that are built on trust, individuals and a stimulating curriculum.
- Display confidence and be capable and self-motivated
- Demonstrate intellectual tenacity and persistence in problem solving
- Exhibit skilled analytic, critical, aesthetic and creative thinking as the situation demands
- Set high expectations and act to meet these expectations
- Respect self and others
- Act with empathy and tolerance
- Be comfortable living in a world of diverse people, cultures, and beliefs
- Make meaningful contributions to society – the local and global community
- Respond positively and appropriately to change and challenges
- Flourish in a digital world and be a skilled user of evolving technologies
- Awareness of the post school opportunities available and successfully access them
To support students to develop these attributes they will engage in ‘Impact Projects’ throughout the school year. Impact Projects are focussed on community service and are strongly linked to student interests and personal improvement needs.
The program supports the growth and development of students in areas such as digital responsibilities, ethical, intercultural and personal and social capabilities as well as critical and creative thinking. The program enables students to transfer learned skills into everyday life.