Are you interested in uncovering the ‘what’, ‘why’, and the ‘how’ of the living world at a macro and micro level? The study of Biology helps us understand humans, animals and plants and their interconnectedness. You will learn how to critically assess the strengths and limitations of science, respect evidence-based conclusions and gain an awareness of the ethical, social and political contexts of scientific endeavours.
Biology is a recommended Year 10 Science choice.
VCE: Unit 1, Unit 2 and Unit 3 & 4 sequence available
Learning Activities & Assessment
- Explore the challenges of sustaining life through theory, research and hands-on investigation
- Conduct student-designed practical investigations into an area of interest related to the concepts taught
- Conduct an investigation into an issue related to genetics and/or reproductive science
- Develop a deeper understanding of more complex biological concepts and theories
- Conduct a student-designed practical investigation into biological that is reported in the form of a scientific poster
Classroom Virtual Tour
Unit 1 & 2
Unit 3 & 4
Compulsory Excursions $50
Learning Area Contact
Science Learning Area Leader