Are you worried about climate change? Interested in the interactions and interconnectedness between the natural system and the human systems. Environmental Science looks at the practices that impact land/water, energy, pollution and global change. You will investigate the extent to which we modify the environment and the consequences of these changes in local and global contexts with a focus on pollution, biodiversity, energy use and climate change; they explore the conceptual, behavioural, ethical and technological responses to these changes.
Environmental Science is recommended Year 10 Science choice for those students interested in Biology, Chemistry and/or Physics.
VCE: Unit 1, Unit 2 and Unit 3 & 4 sequence available
Learning Activities & Assessment
- Explore how the earth’s systems are connected through a combination of theory, research and hands-on investigation
- Conduct research investigations in relevant topics
- Design a practical investigation into a particular form of air, soil and water pollution that is of global concern and communicate the finding to others
- Develop a deeper understanding of more complex environmental science concepts and theories
- Design a major practical investigation into an area of interest that is reported in the form of a scientific poster
Classroom Virtual Tour
Unit 1 & 2
Unit 3 & 4
Learning Area Contact
Science Learning Area Leader